NEWSFLASH : CYBERCRIMES BILL - SOUTH AFRICA -
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS - 28 JULY 2017
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services has called for comments and public participation on the latest version of the Cybercrimes Bill. - see: https://www.michalsons.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/CyberCrimes-Bill-2017.pdf
Your participation and comment are vitally important to the process to ensure we end up with a good law that is not open to abuse. It is essential that the public (including you) voice your opinion on this latest version. Have your say on a law that:
• could be used by the NPA to prosecute you (or your CEO) for committing a crime,
• will create significant compliance obligations for ECSPs, financial institutions and anyone who has critical information infrastructure,
• will have a significant impact on you and your organisation,
• will affect all of us in our personal capacities, and
• will determine how South Africa deals with cybercrime.
You can make a written submission to Parliament by emailing Mr V Ramaano at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 28 July 2017.
For more information, see Webinar or https://www.michalsons.com/blog/cybercrimes-and-cybersecurity-bill-the-cac-bill/16344