The Accessing Legal Information roundtable was chaired by Isabelle Moncion of LexUM and panelists included: Daniel Poulin (LexUM), Ivan Mokanov (LexUM), Darrel Pink (CanLII and Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society) and Mariya Badeva-Bright (AfricanLII).
The panelists discussed topics including:
- The Free Access to Law Movement;
- LexUM‘s work with JuriBurkina and JuriNiger;
- The factors influencing the recent increase in access to legal information in West Africa;
- Measures for evaluating the effectiveness of free access to law initiatives;
- the African Legal Information Institute (AfricanLII);
- the sustainability of free access to law initiatives;
- the relationship between access to legal information, and democracy and the rule of law; and
- “the public interest in making legal information easily accessible to everybody.”
For more information, please see the entire report.