AfricanLII is offering a position for a web developer based at the University of Cape Town in Cape Town. The position is contract-based for an initial and renewable period of 3 years. Please click on the link for further details and to apply. Pnet here: http://bit.ly/1kPvbaV or at the UCT site here http://bit.ly/OEzWt2
- A relevant university degree is essential. Degree in Computer Science is highly desirable, but applicants with a degree in related fields, with the relevant knowledge, skills and experience will also be considered
- Minimum 3, but preferably 5 years' experience in software or web development, using the abovementioned technologies
- Server environment - Linux (Ubuntu knowledge a plus), LAMP, various modules. Advanced/expert level knowledge is required
- Development environment: PHP, MySQL, Drupal. Advanced/expert level knowledge is required
- Experience in XML, semantic web and linked data - highly advantageous.
- Must have initiative and ability to set his/her own work schedule
- Deadline and task oriented individual. Preferably able to work at different levels of complexity, i.e. moving from coding to architecture
- Must be able to communicate at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Lead the development and deployment of open source web applications for the legal domain
- Maintain existing Drupal-based websites
- Develop new Drupal-based websites
- Customisation of User Interfaces
- Implementation of Git as a source code management system
- Developing new web system architectures
- Administration of the general web server: application of patches, upgrade of operating system and packages as necessary, handle security, implement backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Any other duties assigned by the Director.